Our Celebrity Hen this month is the gorgeous Toni Pearon, who is one of the most recognized faces in the country thanks to her four years as host of Australia’s Funniest Home Video Show.
Toni has also starred on Dancing with the Stars, appeared in Home & Away and A Country Practice, and been host of Video Smash Hits and Coca Cola Take 40.
Toni can currently be seen in the Australian series Out of the Blue, and has also been filming for an upcoming US mini-series The Pacific produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg.
Toni married Sydney restaurateur Will Osmond on the 17th of November 2007.
1. Were you the hen or the organizer/bridesmaid or both?
I was the Hen.
2. When was the hen’s night?
The week of the 22nd of October 2007.
3. Did your hen’s night go for the whole weekend or just the night?
Four days with my best girlfriends in Los Angeles.
4. What sort of activities were there?
Spray tans from Jimmy Jimmy Coco, spray tanner to the stars. Lots of bride inspired presents ie. diamond encrusted handcuffs, a pair of knickers with the words Mrs Osmond in crystals on them. Also, all my girlfriends wrote their marriage advice in a book for me.
5. Was there a theme, and how did you incorporate that theme into the night?
There was no theme but we got a makeup artist to the house so all the girls looked their best for a big night out.
6. Where did you go?
We started at my MOH's (Maid of Honour's) house and then we took a limo to the Mondrian on Sunset Blvd for dinner at Asia De Cuba.
7. Who was the star of the night?
8. Did you meet up with the groom-to-be during the evening?
He was on the other side of the world...literally.
9. Any funny stories you can share from the night?
The whole night was funny. I loved that in America when I told people I was there for my hen’s night they thought it was hilarious cause they don't know what that means. They call it a bachelorette party.
10. Did your bridesmaids make you do anything you didn’t want to do, or were there some strict rules in place!
I always thought I wouldn't want a hen’s night but I had the best fun. Although, I strictly said no strippers!
11. If you were organizing another hen’s night or weekend (or having yours again!), what would you do the same, and what would you do differently?
The things that usually make me cringe I loved the most. I loved all the tacky presents, even the bride-to-be serviettes!
12. How would you describe your hen’s night in just three words?
Favourite night out.
13. Any final advice for a girl planning a hen’s party?
Go with the flow cause you never know where the night could take you and enjoy it. It'll be your only one!